ECCHS and ECMS will begin to open up for conditioning for all athletes on June 8, 2020. We are excited about the opportunity to have our student-athletes back on campus, with the understanding that everyone must follow the guidelines that are listed below. Please note that the guidelines given below have been approved by ECCHS and ECMS Administration and EC School District.
- ALL WORKOUTS MUST BE VOLUNTARY! If a student or parent do not feel comfortable participating no punitive consequences will be administered
- All participants must have a current physical on file to participate.
- Fall sports will have priority with students and facility schedules.
- All workouts will take place outside. No students will be allowed in locker rooms, weight room, hitting building, gyms, or other facility.
- Workouts are conditioning only. No equipment of any kind should be used at this time.
- Groups must consist of 20 people including coaches. Coaches and students must remain with the same groups each day and cannot change groups at this time.
- Students and coaches are encouraged to wear masks/face coverings. Students should remove their face coverings if running for long distances or continuously for long stretches.
- All students and coaches must be screened each day. Everyone should have their temperature checked and answer the workout questionnaire. These results should be recorded daily and submitted to the athletic department upon request.
- If a student or coach has a temperature or answers “yes” to any of the screening questions they cannot participate in any workouts and the athletic office should be notified immediately.
- Students should come dressed for workouts as locker rooms will not be available. Students are not allowed to take off shirts during their workout session.
- Students should bring their own water bottle as the use of water fountains, “water cows”, etc will not be allowed.
- Students/coaches should not congregate before or after workouts, especially with members of another group or activity. Students should leave the facility immediately after workouts.
- NO VISITORS/SPECTATORS ARE ALLOWED DURING CONDITIONING SESSIONS.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING SHOULD BE PRACTICED AT ALL TIMES.
We understand that these guidelines may not be ideal but we are excited as this gives our student-athletes and coaches a starting point. The athletic department as well as school and district leaders will continuously monitor and evaluate the process. We will continue to seek guidance from state and local officials as we continue to move forward with our new normal.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Brian Turner.
706-614-7487 cell or firstname.lastname@example.org